Stay up to date on our latest measures to address COVID-19 in our community
At South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity, the safety and health of our community, team and families are always paramount, and has been our priority since our organizations founding. Our commitment to excellence includes ensuring we provide a safe, clean and friendly environment and an exceptional experience every time. Currently, we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation across all our Stores, Administrative Offices and Construction sites, which includes staying up-to-date on notifications from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and local health authorities. We are communicating closely with our teams to stay on top of this evolving situation.
We wanted to update our community on the measures we have taken to help ensure health and safety when visiting South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity.
- As of 3/18 Our two Habitat Stores in West Olymia and Yelm are CLOSED through 3/28 — we will re-evaluate at that date our plan for reopening.
- As of 3/17 Our two Habitat Stores in West Olympia and Yelm remain OPEN
- As of 3/16 Women Build 2020 is cancelled
- As of 3/12 all construction sites and construction activities are CLOSED until further notice
- As of 3/12 all administrative office volunteer opportunities are CLOSED until further notice and our staff will be working remotely from home. They will continue to be available to you via email and phone during our normal business hours Monday-Friday 8am-4pm.
- As of 3/12 Habitat Stores will remain open and we are still conducting normal operations with increased measures to clean and sanitize the Stores.
While our Habitat Stores remain open to help reduce the possibility of exposure, we are employing the highest levels of cleaning and sanitizing while also taking other precautionary measures. All the practices we have implemented companywide are in accordance with guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
We continue to reinforce our already-rigorous cleaning and sanitation procedures, and are providing alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations at all Stores for public and team member use. Additionally, we have educated our team members on best practices to reduce exposure to illness, including:
- Consistent cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth, as well as hand-shakes and high-fives
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Following best practices for cleaning and for food handling
- Requiring sick team members to stay home
At this time while our Habitat Stores remain open but we respectfully ask any customer, volunteer, or staff member that presents with symptoms to please remain at home, take the time needed to recover, and help us to support the safety and health of others. We appreciate your understanding, patience, and assistance.
Thank you for your understanding,
The South Puget Sound Habitat Team