In 2012, SPS Habitat began developing our largest community to date.Deyoe Vista will be 33 homes built over the next five to seven years. Located at 4405 37th Ave SE in Lacey, Deyoe Vista is about a block to the West of Komachin Middle School and about three blocks from the Chehalis Western Trail. Click here to view our plat map and see what we plan to do. (It’s a large file, so it may take some time to load.)
Why the Name?
Habitat receives generous community support, but some individuals commit their lives to their community. Our development features three names in memory of these individuals: Dick and Joanie Deyoe, Virginia Mattson, and Arlo Hoppe.
Learn more about our mission and how you can help us build an affordable Thurston County by clicking here.
Features and Amenities at Deyoe Vista
- Deyoe Vista is conveniently located. Just off College Street, homeowners at Deyoe Vista will have easy access to Interstate 5 and Yelm Highway. Public transit is less than a block to the East.
- In three common areas throughout the neighborhood, there will be a community garden with a planter box for each household.
- Near the center of the neighborhood, there will be a playground with an outdoor play structure.
- In the Southeast section of the property, there will also be a barbecue and picnic area with outdoor grills and tables for common use.
- Deyoe Vista is also a “cottage” community and meets the city’s design standards. This means that most of our homes surround and face a central common area. The primary benefit of this design feature is safety and security. Since most homes face each other, you and your neighbors have a better idea of who is in the neighborhood. This is especially important with children in the neighborhood.
Features and Amenities of Habitat Homes
- We use new quality building materials to construct homes, and we’re careful to use building materials that are easier to maintain and replace in the future.
- Our homes are incredibly energy-efficient. We use a 2 by 6 inch exterior wall for an extra 2 inches of wall insulation. We also install a 1 inch foam panel insulation on each exterior wall and use Hardiplank for siding. In a recent blower-door test, our Cottage scored nearly twice as energy efficient as required by code.
- We use cadet style wall heaters with digital thermostats for additional energy efficiency. Localized or “zonal” heating systems give you better control over which rooms you keep warm, so you don’t end up heating an empty room.
- Each home comes with a brand new refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. All appliances are energy-star and come with a manufacturing warranty.
- Wood floors throughout the home, except the stairs which are carpeted for safety.
- Tile floors in the bathroom and tile back splash in the kitchen and bathroom.
- All of our homes come with accessibility features. Every home we build comes with a sprinkler system, which also helps reduce homeowner’s insurance costs. Doors are wider at 36 inches (standard is 32 inches) so a wheel chair can go through every door. The main bathroom has a 5 foot spin so a wheel chair can spin all the way round without running into anything.
- We will build three styles of homes at Deyoe Vista: bungalow, cottage, and house.
This is a single story home with two bedrooms and one bathroom. It is our smallest home with about 950 square feet of living area. We will build 8 Bungalows at Deyoe Vista. Click here to see the Bungalow Floor Plans.
Take a 3D virtual tour of a Bungalow!
This is a two story home with three bedrooms and one bathroom. It is our mid-sized home with about 1,250 square feet. We will build eighteen Cottages at Deyoe Vista. Click here to see the Cottage Floor Plans.
Take a 3D virtual tour of a Cottage!
We don’t have a 3D virtual tour of a House yet. We hope to have one in the near future.
Habitat establishes a homeowners’ association (HOA) at each of our neighborhoods. Read this short HOA article to learn the how and why community associations work and the benefits of living in a HOA community. Read our most recent Declaration and Community Guide Book.