The Store is our new and used building supply store located in Downtown Olympia. The Store is looking for volunteers who are interesting in greening the planet by reducing items in the landfill or building a better community by supporting affordable housing in Thurston County should contact Store Manager Caleb White or Volunteer Coordinator Addie Candib for how they can get involved. And remember, all volunteers who give more than 20 hours each month receive 20% off their next purchase!
Volunteers are always needed for all aspects of running the store, including:
- Store Committee – making decisions about how the store should run
- Pricing – Pricing the incoming items and getting them ready for sale
- Pick up driver/helper – Picking up larger items for sale in the Store
- Greeter – Greeting customers as they come in, help them find what they are looking for and sharing SPS Habitat’s mission.
- Organizer – Keeping the store looking fresh and organized
- Cashier – Making sales
The Store is open 7 days a week, from 9 am to 6 pm. There are 3 volunteer shifts each day: from 9 am to noon, noon to 3pm, and 3 pm to 6 pm.
You may sign up for shifts at the Store, or online:
How to Sign up Online
- Click on the VolunteerUP! logo!
- Register or Log In
- Pick a day to work under the heading “Store”
- Show up
Make sure to print off a waiver form and bring that with you signed. Wear closed toed shoes and closes you don’t mind getting dirty. When you sign up top work we except to see you and depend on you being here on time.